Stretch mark is a common trend associated with periods of hormone flux. Rapid weight gain during those periods draws the flexible elements located beneath your skin and interferes with the standard production of the collagen protein make-up of the fibers, resulting in wrinkles on the skin, and called stretch marks. It is medically termed as striae gravid arum. Both of men and women can have stretch-marks, but women are more susceptible to the development of these stretch marks. Puberty and pregnancy result in a rapid onset of stretch marks. Initially, it may be red, but progressively the red hue changes to white. They may be indented and may have a structure that differs from the surrounding skin. Waistline, thighs, breasts, buttocks, umbilicus, stomach, arms, etc. are zones where marks commonly occur. The main causes of these marks are as follows:
- Obesity – Excess obesity may cause this problem.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- The organic process of growth.
- Pregnancy – In most of the cases, stretch marks have seen after pregnancy.
- Prolonged intake of high amounts of oral adrenal cortical anabolic steroid drugs.
- Usage of steroid-containing epidermis creams/ointments for quite a long time.
- Mineral and vitamin inadequacies.
A lot of individuals usually do not want to go through healthcare means to get rid of stretch-marks. However, they also do not want to go through life marred with permanent stretch marks and scars. To treat this there are several products available in the market. But most of those products are ineffective officially and may damage your skin. Few of them are perfect and give outcomes more often than not. Stretch marks treatment techniques like plastic surgery and laser surgery have been efficient, but it is costly and painful. The best way to cope with this issue is home remedies. It is safe and efficient to get rid of this problem. It is easy to use.
Home remedies for stretch marks seem to be well-known. Probably because they are lacking the side effects that surgeries can cause. That includes irritation, soreness, and scarring. Furthermore, home remedies can be free if you are using your kitchen as a source.
- Getting Enough Vitamins E. Individuals testify that applying Vitamin E on the stretch marks is one of the best home remedies for stretch marks. All you need is to purchase over-the-counter Vitamin E caplet, open it up and apply the solution on the stretch mark places. The most reliable kind of vitamin E is alpha-tocopherol. It is an anti-oxidant that is required to help refresh your skin and improve its flexibility by promoting cells to replace stretch mark scars.
- Vitamin E caplets eventually get to some point but more efficient remedies for stretch mark scars are natural skin care solutions. Natural skin care solutions contain squalene that brings about or speed up the effect of vitamin E. Particularly, squalene oil is a natural anti-oxidant that motivates skin cell recovery.
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E. Aloe vera leaves can be mixed with ordinary, over-the-counter vitamin E caplets to promote skin recovery and regenerative. As a base, virgin olive oil may also be used with the mixture to allow better and easier application on impacted places. If you are not sure as to a number of ingredients that should be added in this home remedy for stretch marks, you can always opt to buy a natural cream that both contains natural aloe vera and vitamin E. These are available in skin care stores.
- Water Therapy. The most simple and the most inexpensive home remedy for stretch marks is to drink plenty of water. Water, as the most natural form of body hydration, can keep skin cells flexible as well as internal hydrated. Keeping yourself effectively hydrated would mean however that you may have to cope with an inflamed tummy and frequent trips to the comfort room. Furthermore, not everyone can stand more than eight glasses of water a day. Taking in more than the everyday 8-glass requirement can make you feel nausea especially when not naturally thirsty.
- Cutting Nails and Applying Oil. Since pregnant women are likely to experience itching due to their expanding stomach skin, pregnant women are advised to cut short nails to prevent damaging. Damaging will only accentuate an already existing stretch mark situation since it tears at your skin part. The answer for the itching would be to use doctor – approved body oil and to gently rub the area with a cloth to end itching.
- Exercise. Physical exercise has its importance in your health. But it also can help in reducing your stretch-marks. You can learn some new exercises that will tense up areas that easily store fats. As long as your skin is firm and strong, not only you can prevent them but even the current ones will be less noticeable.
- Weight Management. Weight gain can cause tearing in your skin layer which leads to ugly lines. Thus, actually need sure you don’t gain weight too quickly. If foods are your attraction, then you need to arrange what you eat that doesn’t allow you to gain too much weight.
- Herbal Remedies. Hormone imbalance is also responsible for these unpleasant battle scars. It is likely to occur when you are pregnant. Don’t be surprised that having a diet may not stop these unpleasant clawed marks from making their entrance on your body system. But there is a remedy. You can check out some home remedy for stretch marks that come in way of 100 % herbal extracts. These include coconut oil, Shea butter, aloe vera, and virgin olive oil. The trick for this to work is to use it constantly.
- The use of manuka honey is useful for your skin. It is one of the efficient home remedies for stretch marks. It will help to heal your skin. It should be used directly to your skin to ensure it is sleek. It should be used constantly and it will start to demonstrate the efficient results in 2 months.
- The use of jojoba oil is useful for your skin. It will help to end your skin from any disorder. It makes your skin sleek. It is one of the herbal treatments for stretch marks. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- The use of virgin olive oil is excellent and healthier for your skin. It is one of the most popular home remedies for stretch marks. It should be heated in a pot and applied on your skin. It should be constantly used for the best results. It should be used constantly and it will start to show the efficient results in 2 months.
- The use of walnut powder is useful for your skin. It is one of the home remedies for marks. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties. It should be used on your skin by mixing it in milk. It should be applied for 30 minutes and then cleaned off. It can be kept overnight for results.
- The use of soy milk is efficient for your skin therapy. It will make it sleek and healthier. It has therapy properties. It should be applied on your skin by effectively rubbing it for 15 minutes. It should be used constantly and it will start to show the results in 2 months.
- The use of Oregano oil is efficient for your skin. It is one of the home remedies for stretch marks. It should be used every day by rubbing it on the skin. It should be cleaned off in the morning.
- The use of an apricot mask is excellent and healthier for your skin. It should be applied to remove stretch-marks. It is one of the herbal treatments for stretch marks. It should be used on the skin and then cleaned off with warm water. It can be kept for an hour for efficient results.
- The use of warm coconut oil is efficient for your skin. It has moisturizing properties. It should be used on the skin constantly for outstanding results.
- The use of cocoa butter is efficient for your skin. It will make it sleek and soft. It is one of the useful home remedies for stretch marks. It should be used constantly to see the difference in your skin. Cocoa butter is a powerful lightener and stretch-marks cleaner. You need to massage this onto the impacted areas for a period of time. It won’t occur overnight so don’t be disappointed by this. You need to be persistent in order to get the results you are looking for.